10.5. Main brake cylinder
Removal, dismantling and installation
Section of the main brake cylinder of standard type
Section of the main brake cylinder with pressure difference sensor
Electric (And) and hydraulic (In) connections of the main brake cylinder and a fixing nut (C)
- Prepare a workplace to exclude hit of brake fluid on paint and varnish surfaces.
- Disconnect and at once close a cap (adhesive tape) the hydraulic line from the main brake cylinder.
- Disconnect a wire from pressure difference sensor.
- Disconnect from a tank a hydraulic hose of the mechanism of the drive of coupling (for cars with the manual transmission).
- Turn off nuts and remove the main cylinder from an end face of the vacuum amplifier.
- Take out a sealing ring from a flute of a flange of the main cylinder.
- Clear the external surfaces of the main cylinder, using alcohol-denatured alcohol or liquid for cleaning of brakes.
- Remove a tank of brake fluid together with a sealing stopper.
- Merge brake fluid from a tank in pure capacity.
- Slightly wring out the main piston and turn out the lock screw.
- Take out a spring lock ring, take the piston, lock washers, an intermediate ring, auxiliary and vacuum couplings; for removal easy percussion about a wooden surface is allowed.
- Remove the sensor of difference of pressure, having turned off a face stopper, easy percussion take the operating piston.
- Turn off a cover of a tank of brake fluid and remove the mesh filter.
- Carry out cleaning of details and their fault detection. Pay special attention to the surfaces of pistons and cylinders, if necessary replace.
- Manually install new consolidations on pistons.
- Grease the internal surfaces of the main cylinder and dip main, auxiliary and operating pistons in pure brake fluid.
- Using an assembly mandrel, enter details of the 1st and 2nd contours into the cylinder. When carrying out operation manually pay special attention to occurrence of consolidations, the bend is not allowed.
- Slightly press on a rod of the main piston, insert and delay the lock screw with new consolidation.
- Insert the operating piston similarly, delay a face stopper with new consolidation.
- Clear the filter in fresh (pure) brake fluid, insert it into a tank and screw a jellied stopper.
- Press sealing traffic jams in the main cylinder and install on it a tank, having pressed it at first on one stopper, then having turned on 180 ° and having pressed on other stopper.
- Connect a wire to the indicator of pressure difference and the indicator of low level of liquid.
- Connect hoses and tighten connecting nuts.
See also Vacuum amplifier of a brake.