7.6. Removal, installation and adjustment of a nave and bearings of forward wheels
If when driving, especially on abrupt turns, noise from wheels is heard, it indicates that bearings are damaged.
Section of a nave of a forward wheel
- Tighten the parking brake, lift a forward part of the car and establish on a support (support), remove a wheel.
- Easy blows of the hammer and having hooked the screw-driver, take off a nave cap, and then a contact spring of a suppressor of a radio noise.
- Remove a brake bracket, without disconnecting a brake hose, take a bracket aside and fix on the car.
- By means of a face key weaken a bolt and remove a tightening nut.
- Remove a nave and a brake disk from a rotary pin, using in case of need a stripper and the hammer with brisk of soft metal.
- Take out an epiploon, remove a ring and a separator of the external bearing.
- Take out an epiploon, remove a ring and a separator of the internal bearing.
- By means of a mandrel from soft metal press external rings of bearings from a nave.
- Wash out details kerosene and dry. Carry out their fault detection.
- Check the surfaces of a rotary fist, especially under a cuff; if they not in perfect tune, replace a rotary fist.
- Carefully clear bearings of wheels and a nave and wash out.
- Check a condition of a nest under bearings in a nave.
- Check a condition of external rings of bearings whether there are no wear tracks on them, sinks. The surface of swing has to be smooth, gray color.
- If rings have dents from rollers or from an overheat have a swing path from light brown till blue color, then these bearings are subject to replacement.
- Check whether conical rollers easily rotate. Check, whether in a good state face surfaces of rollers. The rust on bearings indicates damages of cuffs. In this case it is necessary to replace the bearing of a wheel and a cuff.
When replacing hug bearings it is necessary to change at the same time both bearings.
- Carefully with an identical force press both external rings.
- Fill a nave and bearings with high-temperature lubricant in number of 45 g.
- Too fill baskets with rollers with lubricant so that the free space between rollers was filled with lubricant. Establish rollers into place.
- Fill a new cuff with lubricant, and on a landing surface apply a thin film of sealant. Press a cuff into place by means of a wooden mandrel.
- Fill a nave of a forward wheel with the lubricant remains.
- Establish a brake disk and a brake bracket.
- In case of need wring out brake shoes for ensuring free rotation of a disk.
- Weaken a bolt of fastening of a tightening nut.
- Wrapping a tightening nut, at the same time rotate a wheel nave until the nave almost ceases to rotate. After that turn off a tightening nut on 1/3 turns and blow to the end of a pin the plastic hammer to remove stress.
- Tighten tightening a bolt a face key.
- By means of the dial indicator check an axial beating of bearings which has to correspond to 0,01 — 0,02 mm.
- Establish a contact spring of a suppressor of a radio noise, fill a nave cap with refractory lubricant to a zaplechik (about 15 g) and put him densely the hammer on a nave.
- Establish a wheel, bolts of fastening to tighten the moment 11,0 кгс.м, lower a forward part of the car.